I recently received an email promoting a lifetime US LawShield membership with all options included for $2,500. Has anyone else received this, and, if so, does anyone plan to take advantage of it? I am very much inclined to pass. I do think fairly highly of USLS (based on limited experience so far), and I do intend to keep my limited membership (firearms-only protection with multi-state enhancement) active indefinitely at $167/year. My reasoning is based on cost/benefit. The lifetime subscription works out to ~15 years of coverage at my current rate (I’m not going to try to calculate the incremental costs of options I do not now have to back them out). I would be over 90 by the time 15 years elapsed, and might well not be alive, let alone still carrying. I also expect that many or most 2A issues in the US are going to be largely resolved one way or the other shortly after the 2026 and 2028 elections, depending on which party prevails. I’m hopeful that the resolutions will be in our favor, but either way, I see the value of this type of legal insurance tending to diminish over time. There are two factors that could work against my logic. First, if the annual cost rises dramatically, the payback period for a lifetime subscription could be reduced, but in my case it would take one whopping increase for that to become a motivating factor. Second, if USLS is having or projecting financial problems based on their current income vs costs, obtaining lifetime subscriptions could conceivably make the difference between their surviving and disappearing, but if that is the case, I don’t think that I would want to invest $2500 to climb out on that shaky limb. YMMV
I keep getting these. I’d probably do it if they had a pay-over-time option like most 2A orgs do for lifetime memberships. I expect to outlive the break-even point but I don’t want to drop $2500 all at once right now.
Great deal if US Law Shield will be around for 100 years, but will suck if they file chapter 11 next week.