Property defense signs

For years I have been amused by the various " we don’t call 911" type signs, for example “we don’t call 911: we have a shotgun, 40 acres, and a backhoe”, although I think that displaying such a sign would be a colossal error that would invite malicious prosecution should a firearms defense incident actually occur on the property, especially in a Marxist domain like PRNJ. But I did see one recently that I thought was clever, and more subtle than most (although I still wouldn’t display it). It basically made reference to calling “811” in preference to “911”. I had to look that one up. “811” is the “call before you dig” number…

1 Like

My thought has always been to NOT advertise anything.

1 Like

I wonder :thinking: … If I hung a gun free zone sign on my door, would that be entrapment?

I don’t even put gun, shooting, sports related, (or political) stickers on my vehicles.

Don’t advertise.

8 Likes

Same here. Except I do have a lighter in my Zippo collection that says 9MM is faster than 911.

I just put one of these up… Seems to work, no intruders yet:

1 Like

I prefer this one

1 Like

In my garage in NC I have a thermometer and it says, due to the recent price increase of ammo, there will not be a warning shot.

“this property protected by a banana”

And insurance policy.

this!!

1 Like