Other to AOW

I have a dedicated AR 22LR it has a 9" barrel with a 4.25" Linear Compensator pinned and welded to get me just over the required 26" for an Other. I’m thinking of doing a Form 1 and AOW it and removing the Comp in the hopes of living long enough to see NJ have Suppressor. Anyone know about the Legality of switching from Other to AOW.

Just do it. You don’t need to a form 1 since Friday.

You still need to follow NJ laws when dealing with NFA items. The ATF guidance didn’t change anything for NJ

I’m definitely going to stamp it if it’s legal to switch from Other to AOW because with this state you never know what the outcome of one of their tantrums is going to be and as of now AOWs don’t have any laws on the books in jersey so even though Form 1 is no longer mandatory in America who knows in jersey in the future so covering my ass. My question still remains is it Legal in jersey to switch from Other to AOW.

Yes. I just did one last week. They will want details of what you are building and overall length. I added a folding brace and still kept my 12.5” barrel.