Greetings Folks-
Picking up my .22 after a 40-year hiatus. What type of set up do the NJWMA have. Can you shoot seated at a steady table, prone, kneeling? I would like to be sitting using my rifle tripod.
Thanks much
Jim
Greetings Folks-
Picking up my .22 after a 40-year hiatus. What type of set up do the NJWMA have. Can you shoot seated at a steady table, prone, kneeling? I would like to be sitting using my rifle tripod.
Thanks much
Jim
Info is on the NJ F&W page. https://dep.nj.gov/njfw/hunting/nj-division-of-fish-and-wildlife-hunter-training-areas/
There are concrete tables/seats there. You CAN potentially shoot from prone or kneeling but I would highly recommend a shooting mat.
Welcome ![]()
Thank you, Krdshrk! I like table and seats idea just fine. Have a good weekend-Jim
Welcome @jvocci !
Thank you!
Welcome to our forum!![]()
I strongly advise taking a mat or blanket to cover the concrete shooting tables. They are rough and will mar any finish they come into contact with.
I use a moving blanket and a ratchet strap to hold it down if there’s any wind.
Much appreciated, MrStu!
Thanks, JohnnyB!
Copyright © 2024-2026. All rights reserved. New Jersey Gun Forums LLC